Sunday, August 19, 2007

the memories.

was searching through my computer and some websites for my old waterpolo pictures to put in to my english oral defence, and some dead and buried memories and feelings suddenly cropped up again. i really feel as if i have something missing from my life nowadays when i dont go to waterpolo training anymore, when i just spend my time on mondays, tuesdays, wednesdays, and fridays at the gym or at home having a short nap. it really is different, and somehow, it aint right.

i remember this time last year, when we were already training 4 or 5 times a week to keep our dreams of winning the gold for ri alive. everyday i would reach home at least 6+ in the evening and struggle to do my work because i would come back from training feeling very exhausted and fatigued.

perhaps, we look at our results (4th for nationals) and wonder to ourselves, was all the hours, days and months we put in for training really worth it? if you asked me then, i would say, definitely, it was worth it. you ask me now, and i would still give you the same answer, yes, it has been definitely bloody worth it.

found this while searching through RInspire (our school magazine) for my articles on sailing and waterpolo, and indeed, as tom said, we raffles waterpolo team of 2007, really are one huge family, working together towards that dream of finally lifting that cup.

haha okay enough random rambling from me, so let me just conclude this short moment of reflection with a picture.

botak seetow!!!

No comments: