Friday, March 30, 2007

its now late and tomorrow early morning i have a bayley meeting

but im feeling something that i have to blog about la.

.

having been a rafflesian for more than 3 years, it seems so bittersweet that in less 3 terms later, we will all be graduating from this school i can safely call my home. it has been a terrific home to me, dynamic, challenging, and full of people i know and love (not gay okay).

yet come monday, my years at ri will be put through an arduous and gruelling test. acsi. sometimes i feel that my life as a rafflesian is really complete, that my learning journey throughout my entire ri experience has really been great and ive tried to be the best person i could've been to all my friends throughout this journey they have made together with me.

yet somehow, there is something missing from this rafflesian experience that ive had. and that is glory, that is winning back something for the school. throughout my rafflesian life, it has been ingrained into me, into the badge i wear proudly over my breast, that raffles is the winning formula, the one destined to triumph over all obstacles.

and come monday, acsi beckon. and it is going to be no mean feat. i would consider myself as a rafflesian to be incomplete without ever playing in a national inter schools final, in front of a few hundred screaming and cheering boys, just for that shot at gold, just for that final shot at glory for my beloved school.

i am proud to say that i am a rafflesian. i am proud to say that i have lived the rafflesian way of life (including al the late nights and chionging of work and whatnots) and i am proud of being a rafflesian in general. YET THIS PRIDE IS NOT ENOUGH. i want to have something to show for my time here, something i can give back to the school, a legacy i want to leave for the school, for later batches of rafflesians. i dont want this unique rafflesian experience to just become a distant memory in my head. i want to win for the school.

i am one who feels very strongly for the school, and i will do anything within my capacity to get my team into the final of b boys waterpolo, and i know its gonna be hard, its gonna be tough, but i swear, im gonna fight. fight for my team, fight for the school, fight for raffles. its gonna be a hard fight and an unforgettable one. let this unforgettable battle be a victorious one. im not ready to just hope for a better age. i want to strive, i want to fight for this better age. i want to leave a legacy. raffles is what ive loved, what ive known and what i am. i better fight hard on monday.

no regrets.

No comments: