Sunday, December 31, 2006

this will be the last post of 2006.

ahh how time flies. haha i remember it just like yesterday when i was a sec 2 eagerly anticipating the climb up into upper sec life at raffles. hah

2006 wasnt by any standards a great year for me anyway. haha a 4th in nationals for waterpolo made everything sour. worked so hard for it and we screwed it up. we can talk everything about what a great team spirit we had (we really did!) but when it mattered, we screwed it up. it better not happen again in 2007. next year is our year, and im determined not to screw it up. for myself, for the team.

2006 was also a year of change, a year of gradual maturity maybe? haha i feel that i matured alot during 2006, but whether i did isnt exactly for me to judge la. maybe its for others to see what i have done and maybe tell me whether i really did mature as i felt i did. haha

this year was also a year of relative hardship, adjusting to sec 3 life, a flurry of teacher changes at the halfway point of the year further complicating matters and maybe a less than impressive gpa compounding things even further. haha but i hope next year will be better. and i hope i will be more committed too.

2006 was also maybe a reality check for me. i went into 2006 wanting to be a psl, and to make a difference to the next batch of rafflesians coming into ri, to show them the ropes, to inspire in them my own personal view of what the rafflesian spirit is and to cultivate it in them. haha but i guess it was never to be la. still quite sad about it but i guess stuff is just like that la. some things you get and some things you dont. haha i was working for a position in our waterpolo exco too, making myself more credible, as someone to be depended on. haha but our exco still hasnt been decided i think. lol

i guess 2006 was kind of a trying year for me. but maybe its from those trials and tribulations that one can take the most from, and learn the most, to become a better person in the future. maybe la. haha

in 2006 i grew much closer to my dad too. haha in recent years he has been spending much time in china and i only get to see him 1 week every month so we have been quite distant. haha but during the holidays i saw alot of him and maybe rediscovered my dad haha and i now realise where i get my talk rubbish genes from la. haha he is talk cock king lol so thats quite satisfying. i love my family (:


and onto 2007, which i look forward to with great anticipation.

i shall work hard to make this a year to remember, both personally and as a team. with new commitments this year (bayley house vice capt) and my duty as a senior in waterpolo. to guide new sec 1s in their transition into raffles and much much more.

2007 is a great year of promise. i wont set any goals for myself to achieve because all i want myself to do is to try my hardest and do my best in whatever i do, and never to let anyone down. quite tough, but i hope to do that la. and of course, top of my agenda would be training hard and fighting hard for that gold medal that is so almost within our grasp. we know we have the capability but do we have to determination and the drive to cross that final hurdle?

2007 is maybe a year of letting go, of letting go of things, of dreams that would never happen. our childhood is past us already, and though as much as we want to relive it, its gone and maybe its time to face reality. but i wont let go of the gold. its mine and i want it

it is also a year to get to know my friends better, to let become a better friend to others. haha whenever i have been selfish or shown any disregard for any friend's feelings, i hope that'll change in 2007. let me enjoy the company of friends and let them enjoy my company. (:

okay i guess thats it from me today. really exhausted la just came back from beijing at 7am this morning. havent slept since but its okay la i slept like a pig in beijing hahaha.

and about the bombings in bangkok. just read cake's blog and his post on it brought me to see it in a different light. at first after hearing the bombings i was like "omg heng! i was like at that place where the bomb exploded 2 weeks ago!" but now i understand how cake's feeling and im thinking the way he is.

brings my thoughts back to 2006 and how we all lost a friend. how precious life is. i hope 2007 will be one without such but now all we can do is to keep him in our memories. these memories, his smile, his laugh, bring tears to my eyes. but i guess we all have to move on. and ill go take a shower.

and here, seetow wishes anyone who reads this a pleasant year ahead.

good luck

No comments: